Every detail within OrthoColorado Hospital has been designed to enhance the patient experience and create a true place of wellness and healing. Experts say there are seven criteria that must come together to create a true place of healing. These are nature, color, light, environment, security, wayfinding and culture. All of these have been explored and included in the creation of this new hospital. Here are some highlights:
- OrthoColorado Hospital's commitment to provide a five-star patient experience begins at the front portico. Outside, heated sidewalks counter Colorado's ice and snow. Inside, nature-inspired surfaces and water elements create a sense of calm.
- Private and small-group preoperative sessions will prepare patients and their "coaches" to be empowered participants in the healing process. The dedicated education room features an advanced audiovisual system with special listening devices for the hearing impaired.
- Each of the 48 private patient rooms at the hospital is designed with the special care and comfort needs of the orthopedic patient in mind. Many feature state-of-the-art LikoTM lifting systems to assure safe movement and transfer of all patients.
- The entire campus has been designed with 'smart building' technology to reduce energy usage and maintenance costs. There's an 'intelligent' network that monitors and coordinates all mechanical and lighting functions. It also supports 'light harvesting'-so that artificial lights in an area dim as natural light increases.
- This is the first hospital in the state to implement the TransVac System that reduces infection risks and enhances efficiency. Hospital staff can place waste, linens and recyclables into the totally sealed tubes at centrally located locations on each floor. These items are then transported directly - at 60 mph! - via the tube system to laundry or waste management service points.